“The Power of Pilina” Community Day
Caring for our community means being a resource to all who nurture our youth including parents, caregivers, kūpuna, educators, coaches, spiritual leaders, health care workers, and others. Whether addressing physical, emotional, or academic needs, together we create a resilient and compassionate community where every child can just be a kid. The world is changing and we can change with it. Let’s build a Compassionate Ko‘olaupoko.Register for the Event
What to Bring:
- Reusable water bottle. Please, no single-use plastic water bottles. We provide ice water for you to refill your bottle!
- Clothing and shoes (sneakers or tabis) you won’t mind getting dirty and wet.
- Sun Protection: Hat, sunscreen, etc.
- 8:30 a.m. Arrive and register
- 9 – 9:15 Welcome, Oli, Pule
- 9 – 9:30 Background of Waikalua Loko I’a
- 9:30 – 9:45 Assemble into work groups for various service projects around the pond
- 10 – 11:15 Mālama ʻāina and clean up
- 11:30 – Kaukau time/ Kanikapila music (bring instruments)
- 12:30 – Closing thoughts and sharing
- 1 pm Pau; ALOHA
- Take Kaneohe Bay Drive to Castle High School
- At traffic light, turn right onto Pu‘ohala street if you’re coming from Kailua or left if you’re coming from Honolulu
- Make your first right onto Kulauli Street.
- Follow road past Puohala Elementary School until you reach the fork in the road -go left and follow dirt road to the end.